Sunday 14 April 2013

In The Eye Of The Beholder

This photo was taken in January before life through me some lemons. When I look at it I don't remember what was happening. Was I being confident and funny? Was hubby taking the photo? Was I? Was it during sex? Was it for Sinful Sunday? I don't remember.

Looking at it now, while I am slowly learning how to make lemonade again, it looks like I am hiding my breast and my body from the camera. It does not look full of joy and positivity. It does not look like the photo of a woman who loves her breasts, and yet I do. I truly do.

Perhaps in another month or so I will look again at this photo and see it as being filled with happiness, excitement and confidence, rather than confused sadness.

 

----------------------
This post was made for Sinful Sunday, clickety click for more lovely images.
Sinful Sunday

16 comments:

  1. No matter what your feelings were at the time, it is a beautiful photo. I hope you will be making lemonade again soon!

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful photo from a beautifully strong person. Lemonade is such a bright and happy color, hope some light sheds itself into you life and you find yourself with the bright clarity of positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I even read your words I assumed the photo was about strength and desire - now I'm sure it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way your fingers are digging into the swell of your breast makes me think of passion. This is a beautiful self portrait.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fingers digging into your breast tells a different story of its own. It sends out a message of passion and excitement for yourself and your breast. I truly love it and find it beautiful.

    xxx Miss July xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before reading your words, I saw raw excitement and strength in this image. It's a great shot and I love the way your hand is holding your breast. Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel it from here, you go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. *huge hugs* It really is a picture that can be interpreted many ways depending on how one is feeling. I hope you continue to feel a bit better as each day passes and know that I think it is a lovely picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dimples made by your fingers add to the eroticism of the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still a great pic! and you're wearing my favourite fingernail polish :)

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's an awesome pic. Hope you're on the way to being okay again. xxx Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  12. *hugs*

    I see you holding yourself. Giving yourself safety, strength, self-love and a touch of digging in, of pain.

    xx Dee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with Molly; I see passion in this lovely image.
    xxPenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to agree with the others. This is a powerful and sexy image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are all fabulous for leaving such marvellous comments. Thank you! I grab my boobs a lot - often in public, so I suspect the image was a positive experience when it was taken.

    ReplyDelete